"Hey…Neighborhood is spelled wrong!"
October 13 – 17
October 12, 2008Posted by on
A new week begins with a new unit…RIver Valley Civilizations. Over the next two weeks we’ll discuss
Mesopotamia, Egypt, and the Eastern River Valleys.
Monday, Oct. 13:
- Do Now: What is a cradle of civilization?
- We’ll take a look at some pictures and make some inferences.
- We’ll start our River Valley Civilization foldable…GET EXCITED!!!
Tuesday, Oct. 14:
- Do Now: What comes to your mind when you hear Mesopotamia?
- Vocabulary Discussion: city-state, delta, planned community, empire.
- Big Vocabulary Log due on 10/24/08 unit-2-vocabulary-log1
- Homework: Read Pages 55-64 in textbook. Finish 1st tab of Foldable. 10 MIF (most important facts) Due Thursday.
Wednesday, Oct. 15:
- Do Now: Tell me something about Mesopotamia.
- Picture time!!!
Thursday, Oct. 16:
- Do Now: How was Hammurabi’s Code similar to our constitution?
- Choose your own creation (choose only one): Create your own city-state. Create your own ziggurat. Create your own code. (just like Hammurabi)
- Homework: Read Pages 66-80. Complete 2nd tab of Foldable. 10 MIFs. Due Monday.
Friday, Oct. 17:
- Do Now: I say Egypt…you say…
- Video Clips…Mesopotamia and Egypt